- Tier: Tier 2: Early Intervention cohort specific support
- Type of intervention: Therapeutic programs
- Strength of evidence: Registered professional
- Geographic location: State-wide
SAFEMinds provides training for educators and school staff in primary and secondary schools to:
- help increase early intervention for young people's mental health (specifically mood disorders and self-harm)
- increase the engagement of parents and carers to support young people's mental health
- help develop clear and effective referral pathways between schools and community mental health services.
The Suicide Risk Continuum Training is a specialised training package for wellbeing coordinators, student support service staff, level coordinators and assistant principals to help them understand, identify and respond to self-harm and suicidal behaviour in secondary school students.
- Increase educators knowledge and understanding on how to identify and manage mental health, suicide and self-harm
- Train school staff around referral process and family engagement to better support student mental health
- Target population: Educators in primary and secondary schools.
- Program adaptability: Training can be delivered via webinar.
- Staffing: Backfilling may be required for staff to attend training.
- Training requirements: SAFEMinds offers a one-day training. The Suicide Risk Continuum training is delivered as part of a package.
- Australian experience: These programs were developed and have been implemented in the Australian context.
- Item cost: Free
- Detailed cost: Free