- Tier: Tier 2: Early Intervention and cohort specific support
- Type of intervention: Therapeutic programs
- Strength of evidence: Not applicable
- Geographic location: State-wide
Smiling Mind's 'Feeling it' is a program for promoting student wellness and a positive mindset when completing their VCE during the COVID-19 pandemic. It includes:
- a 6-part series of short videos,
- tip sheets
- a teacher fact sheet.
Young people in each episode share their experiences and tips on how students can:
- look after themselves
- be resilient and mindful
- navigate uncertainty
- prepare for change.
The videos also provide strategies for managing negative emotions and discuss the importance of positive study and sleep habits for optimal learning and stress resilience.
Support secondary school students during their VCE.
|Secondary school students - upper
- Target audience: Final years secondary students completing VCE and VCAL.
- Program adaptability: Students can apply strategies as required.
- Staffing: Not required.
- Training requirements: Students can access these resources outside school, with videos lasting 4-5 minutes and are accompanied by tip sheets. Meditation sessions are between 5-15 minutes. Fact sheets also available for teachers.
- Australian experience: The videos are tailored specifically towards students undertaking Victorian secondary qualifications.
- Item cost: Free
- Detailed cost: Free