- Tier: Tier 1: Positive Mental Health Promotion
- Type of intervention: Mental health literacy
- Strength of evidence: Level 4: Established evidence for program (supported by quality research evidence)
- Geographic location: State-wide
The Study Without Stress program teaches senior students’ skills to manage stress related to schoolwork. It uses practical strategies to assist students to:
- manage feelings of stress
- manage expectations about their ability and academic performance
- manage their time and deal with procrastination
- solve problems related to managing the academic demands of senior school.
The program is commonly delivered in small groups at school but can be delivered individually. The program is delivered by a trained facilitator, most commonly the school counsellor/psychologist or teachers in welfare roles. Any school staff personnel can be trained to deliver the program.
- Reduction of stress and anxiety
- Increase in emotional and academic self-efficacy
- Improved mental health literacy of normal and abnormal levels of stress
|Secondary school students - upper
|Centre for Emotional Health, Macquarie University
- Target population: Students in Years 11 and 12.
- Program adaptability: Some flexibility is allowed, but significant adaptations are not anticipated.
- Staffing: The program is delivered by a trained facilitator, most commonly the school counsellor/psychologist or teachers with welfare roles.
- Training requirements: Training to deliver the program is available either face-to-face or via an online training platform. Facilitators require a copy of the manual that outlines session by session content, and each student requires a separate workbook.
- Factors to consider: The program can be delivered in 6 x 1.5 hour or 8 x 50-60 minute sessions during school time or after school.
- Australian context: The program has been developed and applied in Australia.
Professional training per person is $200 (inc. GST) plus the cost of the Program materials ($55 inc. GST).
Workbooks for students are individually priced at $22 (inc. GST).