- Wednesday, 30 August 2023 at 12:00 am
The Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority (VCAA) is offering a Communities of Practice (CoP) program and other professional learning to help senior secondary teachers to counsel students through their applied learning journey.
Thousands of senior secondary teachers are part of the Victorian Certificate of Education Vocational Major (VCE VM) and Victorian Pathways Certificate (VPC) CoP program. This includes applied learning specialists, teachers and careers practitioners all working together to develop high-quality curriculum and pedagogical practice.
The aim of the program is to allow for teacher collaboration and innovation in assessment and experiential activities. The CoPs are led by applied learning practitioners who support teachers in developing teaching and learning plans for the VCE and VPC certificates by:
- directly supporting members in course planning
- sharing relevant resources, information and training opportunities
- arranging for expert guest speakers to speak to the group
- facilitating collaboration between local teachers.
CoPs typically meet once a term and alternate between in-person and online meetings.
We encourage all VCE VM and VPC teachers and education staff to join these spaces focused on the continued delivery of excellent applied learning programs.
Sign up for VCE VM and VPC Communities of Practice on the VCAA website.
In addition to applied learning CoPs, the VCAA provides professional learning resources to support providers as they prepare for and implement the VCE VM and VPC, including:
Find out more
For further information about applied learning:
- learn about the 5 Pillars of Applied Learning
- view all the VCE VM and VPC professional learning supports.