- Monday, 19 June 2023 at 11:00 pm
The Inclusive Classrooms professional learning program offers a suite of courses for teachers.
The blended learning courses have been designed specifically for the Victorian education context and focus on practical teaching strategies, adjustments and supports at the school, classroom and individual levels.
Courses are free for all department staff and have been designed to strengthen capability of the education workforce to implement inclusive practice.
Applications for courses are open until Monday 10 July 2023.
Find a list of professional development options below.
Supporting students with diverse learning needs
The Inclusive Classrooms professional learning program will offer the following blended learning courses starting Monday 31 July and finishing on Friday 6 October 2023:
- Supporting Students with Autism
- Supporting Student Behaviour
- Supporting Students with Hearing Loss
- Supporting Students with Learning Difficulties including Dyslexia
- Supporting Students with Oral Language and Learning
- Supporting Students with Vision Impairment.
Other short professional learning is also available and can be accessed at any time:
- Human Rights Approach to Diversity and Inclusion module (30 minutes)
- Supporting Students with Learning Difficulties including Dyscalculia module (3 hours)
- Individual Education Planning short course (1.5 hours).
To apply for a course in Term 3, 2023, visit the Inclusive Classrooms catalogue on the Victorian Deaf Education Institute website.
Courses provide up to 20 hours of accredited professional learning for Victorian Institute of Teaching registration and other professional associations.
School leaders can also request school-based courses by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more
For more information, please contact the department by email: email@example.com