- Tuesday, 25 April 2023 at 11:00 pm
Expressions of interest are open for Monash University’s Leading Blended Learning (LBL) course, for school leaders and teachers of rural and regional VCE students involved in virtual or blended course delivery.
The course will further develop the expertise of teachers in best-practice blended learning and teaching. It will focus on pedagogical teaching approaches, rather than digital systems.
Participants will learn how to best design, facilitate and assess in a blended learning environment through exploration of theories, models, practical strategies, and experience, along with how to develop and maintain student rapport.
This course will involve:
- pre and post course interviews conducted by Monash University
- 4 online sessions of 90 minutes after school hours, over an 8-week period (sessions will include online readings, quizzes, polls and collaborative activities)
- the opportunity to collaborate in a dedicated Moodle site
- an invitation to join a Community of Practice on completion of the course, so participants can continue to support each other in a peer network.
About the course
Feedback about the Leading Blended Learning teacher course has been consistently positive, from the 130 teachers who have completed the course since it was first offered in 2021.
With participants saying the program was the ‘best professional learning I have done in years’, ‘super helpful’, and ‘highly informative’, there’s no doubt the Monash University presenters know their stuff.
The course presenters are:
- Mike Phillips, Associate Professor for Digital Transformation in the Faculty of Education, Monash University. His work focuses on the knowledge expert teachers develop when integrating educational technologies into their practice.
- Michael Henderson, Professor of Digital Futures in the Faculty of Education, Monash University. His teaching and research focus on instructional design, online teaching and learning and assessment and feedback.
The dates for the upcoming Term 2, 2023 cohort are as follows:
- Module 1: Thursday 11 May 2023, 4 pm to 5:30 pm
- Module 2: Thursday 18 May 2023, 4 pm to 5:30 pm
- Module 3: Thursday 1 June 2023, 4 pm to 5:30 pm
- Module 4: Thursday 8 June 2023, 4 pm to 5:30 pm.
Cost: this course is fully funded by the department for Victorian government school teachers. To support participation, we are offering casual relief teacher reimbursement for up to 4 hours, per participant.
How to participate
School leaders and teachers interested in taking part must submit an expression of interest form, with approval from their principal, by Monday 1 May 2023.
We will notify applicants of their outcome by Friday 5 May 2023.
Schools may wish to consider participation by 2 teachers to share learnings from the course.
Please note: all participants are required to have their own device to fully participate in this course.
Find out more
For further information about the course, contact the department by email: email@example.com