- Tuesday, 30 May 2023 at 11:00 pm
Current and aspiring learning specialists are invited to express interest in a range of professional learning courses to be held in Term 3, 2023.
The courses include Coaching for Influence, with a core and advanced program, as well as courses on professional observations and enriching data and evidence practices.
Coaching for Influence
Participants in the core program will learn a range of mentoring and coaching strategies, and work with a specialist coach. The program includes:
- a 2-hour launch webinar, exploring coaching as a lever in school improvement
- a one-day online coaching intensive workshop
- a series of 4 2-hour online, small group coaching sessions
- interactive online learning modules.
The advanced program is open to those who have completed the core program, and comprises 5 one-hour, one-to-one online sessions with a professional coach, to improve participants’ coaching and mentoring skills. The sessions can cover:
- difficult conversations
- strengthening collaboration
- building deep empathy
- leading change
- possibility conversations
- student-centred approaches.
Learning Specialists Professional Learning Suite
There are 2 courses for participants to choose from. Each course is equivalent to 2.5 days of professional learning, and includes short weekly learning elements and a one-day workshop.
- Professional observations for professional learning will explore processes and protocols for observations, strategies for modelling and reflection, and how to provide evidence-based feedback to colleagues.
- Enriching data and evidence practices will explore the development of processes and protocols for working with student data, embedding formative assessment strategies and student voice, and modelling effective practice.
How to register
Please visit the Learning Specialist Arc page and click on the tile for the course you are interested in. For Coaching for Influence courses, register your interest by Friday 23 June 2023.
For Professional Learning Suite courses, register your interest by Sunday 18 June 2023.
Find out more
To stay informed about Learning Specialist professional learning opportunities, follow the Arc Events Learning Specialist Channel.
For further enquiries, contact the department by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.