- Wednesday, 22 February 2023 at 5:22 am
Registrations are open for teachers to attend the Yellow Ladybugs Conference, being held online from Tuesday 2 to Thursday 4 May 2023, with the option to attend in-person on Thursday 4 May 2023.
The Yellow Ladybugs – an autistic-led, non-government organisation – will deliver the conference, following the success of its 2022 ADHD and Autistic Minds Conference.
The conference will help you better understand and support the learning and wellbeing needs of autistic girls, teens and gender-diverse students, who often have internalised or hidden needs.
Expert guest speakers at the conference will include teachers, psychologists, allied health professionals and individuals with a lived experience of autism or ADHD.
Each speaker will share their experience, insights and strategies to support and understand autistic students or students with ADHD. Topics include:
- understanding the autistic mind, in particular the experience of autistic girls and gender-diverse students
- supportive and affirming ways to support students on topics including class rules, teamwork, the hidden curriculum and bullying
- reframing behaviour through connection and understanding the brain-body connection
- what your students want you to know from their perspective
- supporting authentic social connections for autistic students.
The department is supporting the conference as an event partner.
The Yellow Ladybugs Conference will be delivered over 3 days:
- Tuesday 2 May 2023, 9 am to 6 pm (online and on demand)
- Wednesday 3 May 2023, 9 am to 6 pm (online and on demand)
- Thursday 4 May 2023, 9 am to 3 pm (this in-person event will also be streamed live online and on demand).
Platform: online, with the option to attend day 3 in-person (on Thursday 4 May 2023).
Cost: $50 for full online access (or $75 with personalised professional development certificate), or $160 for full online access plus a ticket to the in-person session on day 3 at Mooney Valley Racecourse. Please talk to your principal before registering to attend.
To register, refer to the Yellow Ladybugs Conference 2023 website.
Registrations close Monday 10 April 2023.
Registrants will receive a link and login to the conference platform ahead of the conference.
Recordings of the conference sessions will be available to view on the Yellow Ladybugs Conference website until Friday 4 August 2023.
Find out more
For more information, refer to Yellow Ladybugs Conference.
For further enquiries, contact Lia Castorina, senior policy officer, Inclusive Education Division: