Principals, teachers, business managers, education support teams and Koorie educators are encouraged to nominate themselves or colleagues who have inspired them, by Monday 29 May 2023.
About the VEEAs
The VEEAs celebrate the outstanding work of government school staff and the lasting contributions they make to their communities.
Last year's Outstanding Early Career Primary Teacher Award winner, Amy Davis, said she felt humbled when she learned she was nominated.
'Everything I do as a teacher is about what is best for the students I teach, so to me I was just doing my job. It was wonderful to have my principal and assistant principal take the time to recognise what I had done for the students and staff at my school,' Amy said.
'Winning a VEEA award means so much,' Amy said.
'Being nominated was one thing, but actually winning an award like this in my third year of teaching was incredible. It was quite a surreal experience. I was just so proud to have been recognised for the role I play in educating the next generation. It is definitely a night I won't forget!'
Shining a spotlight on excellence
Category winners receive professional learning grants of up to $25,000 to build their capacity to deliver excellence in their roles.
They will also be eligible for the Lindsay Thompson Award for Excellence in Education. This award is granted to the winner of an award category whose contribution is judged to be the most outstanding. The recipient receives an additional professional learning grant of $20,000.
To anyone thinking of nominating for the 2023 VEEAs, Amy says, 'if you are thinking about nominating an individual or a team for an award, don't think twice!
'Not only is it recognising their hard work in Victorian schools, you really do get to be part of highlighting all of the wonderful educational opportunities that we provide to our students across Victoria.'
Judging panels select the category winners through a thorough application, shortlisting and interview process. Finalists will be announced in September.
The award nominations are open in individual and team categories:
- Outstanding Primary Principal
- Colin Simpson Outstanding Secondary Principal
- Outstanding Primary Teacher
- Outstanding Secondary Teacher
- Outstanding Early Career Primary Teacher
- Outstanding Early Career Secondary Teacher
- Outstanding Physical Education and Activity Teacher
- Outstanding Business Manager
- Outstanding School Improvement
- Outstanding Education Support Team
- Outstanding Inclusive Education
- Outstanding Koorie Education
- Outstanding Provision for High-Ability Students (Primary)
- Outstanding Provision for High Ability Students (Secondary)
- Dr Lawrie Shears Outstanding Global Teaching and Learning
Find out more
Reviewed 30 March 2023