Experienced teachers are encouraged to register for the Effective Mentoring Program.
By completing this training, teachers will gain enhanced knowledge of mentoring and skills to support their colleagues, including graduate and returning teachers, to achieve full registration.
About the Effective Mentoring Program
We are partnering with the Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT), to deliver the program as two one-day seminars for experienced teachers.
The program will be delivered from Term 1 to Term 3 2022 and will incorporate online and/or face-to-face learning in line with current COVID-19 settings.
During Term 1 seminars will be online only. Participants will also receive reading materials to support their learning.
At the end of this program, participants will:
- develop mentoring skills to support all teaching colleagues, in line with the Mentoring Framework
- qualify to be the VIT-trained mentor on workplace recommendation panels
- achieve certification (including professional learning hours towards VIT registration)
- complete activities that support applying learning between seminar days
- learn about current research and practice in mentoring.
A one-day refresher program is also available for teachers who completed the Effective Mentoring Program in the past 5 years.
Find out more
For more information, and to register visit: