The program, delivered by the new Victorian Academy of Teaching and Leadership, offers advanced professional learning to highly skilled teachers in government, Catholic and Independent schools.
The program will be constructed and supported by master teachers selected to work within each of eight disciplines:
- the Arts
- Health and Physical Education
Master Teachers will work with Academy staff, cross-sectoral partners, academics and international experts to design and deliver this ground-breaking program for Victoria's best teachers.
Participants will have the opportunity to deepen their expertise in student learning and disciplinary knowledge.
About the Master Teachers
The nine Master Teachers are exemplary teachers selected from around Victoria. Each Master Teacher:
- is an exceptional teacher in their field
- has knowledge and skills in curriculum and professional learning design
- has made an impact on teaching and on the teaching and learning culture in their school and with their peers across schools and in the system.
Each Master Teacher will lead a discipline-based Teaching Excellence Learning Community, building a high-performing, collaborative team of expert peers.
Together, they will solve 'problems of practice' through individual practitioner inquiry, collaborative exploration and extending their expertise with other educators who share a passion for exemplary teaching.
Congratulations to the nine inaugural Master Teachers:
- Adam Brodie-McKenzie, University High School (Humanities)
- Dr. Andrea Truckenbrodt, McKinnon Primary School (Languages)
- Christopher Wines, Ballarat High School (Science)
- Clare Mackie, Haileybury College (English)
- Colin Chapman, Caroline Chisolm Catholic College (Technologies)
- Hayley Dureau, Mount Waverley Secondary College (Mathematics)
- Johanna Simmons, Altona P-12 College (English)
- Paul Seery, Bendigo Senior Secondary College (Health and PE)
- Tobias Wilkins, Box Hill High School (the Arts).
Find out more
For more information, refer to the Teaching Excellence Program on the Victorian Academy of Teaching and Leadership website.