This year, for the first time, the Victorian Public Sector (VPS) LGBTIQ+ Pride Awards will be celebrated on Wear it Purple Day.
The awards on Friday 26 August 2022 will recognise lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and gender diverse, intersex, queer and questioning (LGBTIQ+) inclusion in Victorian government workplaces and the community.
It's an eagerly awaited occasion for VPS staff and their friends, colleagues and allies to celebrate the efforts of individuals and groups driving meaningful change for LGBTIQ+ communities.
The ceremony is also a wonderful opportunity to network and socialise with fellow public sector staff and community members. Friends, partners and family are more than welcome, but please register their attendance.
Join us to recognise nominations from across the Victorian Public Sector, including from our wonderful colleagues in the department and schools:
- Chriseis Lanham from North Eastern Victoria Region, nominated for the Rainbow Cardigan award
- Michaelle Tomolo from Craigieburn Secondary College, nominated for the Rainbow Cardigan award
- Jeremy Cussen from Senior Secondary Pathways Reform Taskforce, nominated for the Rainbow Cardigan award
- Shane Woon from Nossal High School, nominated for the Rainbow Cardigan award
- DET Pride's Transgender Day of Visibility Panel Discussion event, nominated for Workplace Pride Initiative of the Year and Trans, Gender Diverse and Non-Binary Initiative of the Year
- The DET Pride Network, nominated for Pride Network of the Year.
The 2022 event is proudly supported by Victoria Police and Arts Centre Melbourne.
Date: Friday 26 August 2022
Time: 7 pm to 9 pm
Platform: In person
Location: The Pavilion, Arts Centre Melbourne, 100 St Kilda Road, Melbourne VIC 3004
To register, complete the Pride Awards registration form by Thursday 18 August 2022.Department staff celebrating award recipients and showing their pride at the 2019 awards event.
To access the dedicated LGBTIQ+ support service helpline available to VPS employees, please call 1300 542 874. The service is confidential, safe and well equipped to meet the needs of LGBTIQ+ staff and allies in the VPS.
In accessing the helpline, state that you are part of an agency under Department of Premier and Cabinet. You do not have to state your work location to access this service.